Join our senior editor and production team in support of an elementary math curriculum. The editorial specialist will work collaboratively and independently with the production department, development team, and partners to ensure internal consistency and accuracy of curriculum and other materials. This is a full-time position located in Portland or Salem, Oregon; this position requires travel between our Portland and Salem offices, with occasional opportunities to work from home.
MLC is a nonprofit organization serving the education community. Our mission is to inspire and enable individuals to discover and develop their mathematical confidence and ability. We offer innovative and standards-based curriculum, resources, and professional development. Our products and services are used by educators throughout the United States and in many international locations.
We offer our employees an excellent work environment that includes:
- Respect for work-life balance with flexibility in managing your daily schedule.
- A collaborative environment where all staff are expected to contribute toward organizational goals.
- A dedicated team of mission-driven professionals passionate about math education.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
Do these statements describe you? If so, we might be a match:
- You are a skilled and accurate editor and proofreader, focused on quality and consistency in content and support materials.
- You are extremely detail oriented and thorough.
- You are skilled at collaboration and flexible when working with colleagues throughout the organization.
- You view the creation and maintenance of curriculum-related documentation as an important contribution.
- You are comfortable working with HTML and web content.
- You are excited for the opportunity to create program documentation for end users.
What you will do:
- Work with senior editor, production team, development team, and partners to ensure internal consistency and accuracy of curriculum and other materials.
- Create and maintain documentation of required program materials and components for reference by multiple departments.
- Proofread, edit, and perform quality checks of content for production and publication; enter and style content for web.
- Test and review interactive content; ensure continuity of content across print and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help evolve quality and editorial standards, content framework, and processes.
- Work with editing, production, and materials teams to create program documentation for end users.
How you are qualified:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English, journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in technical editing or copyediting, documentation, or content management.
- Well-developed collaboration skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with HTML and use of web content management systems.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign helpful.
- Background in mathematics, education, or instructional design desired.
- Project management experience a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary, this position offers a range of benefits, including:
- Paid Time Off: 10 holidays, 24 days of vacation / personal leave each year.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision): Premiums paid for employees, coverage for family members may be purchased.
- Retirement: 401(k) plan with 3% employer contribution and 2% match.
- Disability and Life Insurance: Employer paid short-term, long-term, and group life.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing background check and drug screen.
The Math Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The Math Learning Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.