Professional Development Coordinator
The Math Learning Center is seeking a relationship-based Professional Development Coordinator to provide customer support for successful Bridges in Mathematics curriculum pilots, adoptions, and implementations. Coordinators serve as a customer’s primary contact through the full curriculum adoption cycle, supporting initial preview and piloting requests, adoption processes, and professional development for districts and schools. Professional Development Coordinators collaborate with a team, including a customer service counterpart and regional content experts, to ensure smooth execution through strong planning and communication throughout the curriculum adoption cycle. This is an administrative support role; it is not an instructional development or delivery role.
This position is hybrid with team collaboration time a few times a month in the Salem and Portland, Oregon offices.
Do these statements describe you? If so, we might be a match.
- You are a relationship builder.
- You provide exceptional customer support, anticipating questions and taking the initiative to ensure complete and accurate details and logistics.
- You are highly organized and can manage multiple projects at the same time.
- You communicate confidently, clearly, and professionally in an organized, timely manner, developing solutions to customer constraints.
- You are service-oriented and enjoy a team approach to working with customers.
- You are a collaborative problem solver.
- You are committed to learning and supporting districts, schools, and educators.
What you will do:
- Respond promptly and thoughtfully to initial customer inquiries, and follow up with districts and schools regarding professional development services.
- Support schools and districts during the curriculum review process.
- Collaborate with district contacts and our regional team to coordinate district and school-level professional development.
- Organize and coordinate logistics for events with schools and districts.
- Develop and document customer relationships.
- As needed, perform national or cross-regional activities or assignments (e.g., support for online courses or travel to national events).
How you are qualified:
- Three or more years of experience coordinating people, events, services, or programs.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to follow through in a timely manner.
- Experience using a CRM or donor management system.
- Available to work near Salem or Portland, Oregon.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
We offer our employees an excellent work environment that includes:
- Respect for work-life balance with flexibility in managing your daily schedule.
- An emphasis on collaboration, with all staff expected to participate in achieving organizational goals.
- A dedicated team of mission-driven professionals passionate about math education.
- Competitive pay and benefits, this position pays $54,110/year.
- Paid Time-Off: 12 holidays, 24 days of vacation/personal leave each year, and a wellness week in December.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision): Premiums paid for employees and coverage for family members may be purchased.
- Retirement: 401(k) plan with 3% employer contribution and 2% match.
- Disability and Life Insurance: Employer-paid short-term, long-term, and group life.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screen. The Math Learning Center requires all employees to complete all CDC-recommended COVID-19 vaccinations.
The Math Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The Math Learning Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.