Workshop Leaders - Seasonal
If you are a current or retired teacher or coach with at least two years of experience teaching Bridges in Mathematics and would love to share your experience and enthusiasm with new Bridges teachers, please consider joining our team of Workshop Leaders.
MLC is seeking candidates who:
- Bring two years’ of experience with Bridges.
- Are able to build rapport with adult learners.
- Are committed to classroom practices that provide a culturally inclusive and relevant experience for all students.
- Believe that every learner and educator is capable of doing and making sense of mathematics.
- Embrace a growth mindset and are committed to growing their practice as professional learning providers.
Workshop Leaders are experienced Bridges teachers or coaches of Bridges teachers who facilitate Getting Started workshops, introducing other teachers to Bridges using materials provided by The Math Learning Center. Workshop Leaders are part-time and work seasonally. Most Getting Started workshops occur in the summer with peak professional development seasons occurring in late June and August.
There are also part-time opportunities throughout the year that are perfect for people with flexible schedules.
Leaders often work in a regional area but may travel greater distances as the need arises.
Workshop Leaders are employed by Cinder Staffing, an outside hiring agency, and are compensated for travel and related expenses.