Office & Customer Assistant
The Math Learning Center (MLC) is a non-profit education organization with a track record of developing high-quality mathematics materials, including Bridges in Mathematics. We create materials that engage students, promote classroom community and discourse, and help more than 80,000 elementary teachers across the country deliver effective mathematics instruction.
Do you have a commitment to excellent customer service that you demonstrate through strong written and interpersonal interactions? If so, this position might be right for you. In this position, you will support the daily operations of our Salem office by coordinating and assisting in a variety of administrative support and customer service tasks.
This is a full-time onsite position working from our office in Salem, Oregon.
What you will do:
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails, provide first level of support for customer requests, and direct calls and emails to the responsible party (ordering, content questions, etc.).
- Answer door, greet, and help visitors and vendors navigate the Salem office in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide support to the Customer Experience and Operations teams including quoting, processing sales orders, responding to inquiries related to invoices, and tracking information.
- Perform general office maintenance such as restocking kitchen and office supplies, replacing batteries in applicable devices, and general office equipment maintenance.
- Drive to the local post office to pick up and drop off mail and packages.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages and coordinate inter-office deliveries via mail/package carriers and MLC staff members who drive between offices.
- Plan and schedule meetings and other office related events, including setup and clean up.
How you are qualified:
- 2 years’ experience in a customer service role.
- Valid insurable Driver’s License required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, experience with Salesforce or other database management systems is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
We offer our employees an excellent work environment that includes:
- An emphasis on collaboration, with all staff expected to participate in achieving organizational goals.
- A dedicated team of mission-driven professionals passionate about math education.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Paid Time-Off: 12 holidays, 24 additional days of PTO, and a wellness week.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision): Premiums paid at 100% for employees.
- Retirement: 401(k) plan with 3% employer contribution and 2% match.
- Disability and Life Insurance: Employer-paid short-term, long-term, and group life.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screen. The Math Learning Center requires all employees to complete the initial series of the COVID-19 vaccination.
The Math Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The Math Learning Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.