MLC is a nonprofit organization serving the education community. Our mission is to inspire and enable individuals to discover and develop their mathematical confidence and ability. We offer innovative and standards-based curriculum, resources, and professional development. Our products and services are used by educators throughout the United States and in many international locations.
We offer our employees an excellent work environment that includes:
- Respect for work-life balance with flexibility in managing your daily schedule.
- An emphasis on collaboration where all staff are expected to participate in achieving organizational goals.
- A dedicated team of mission driven professionals who are passionate about math education.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
Do these statements describe you? If so, we might be a match.
- You are a collaborator skilled in working with others to achieve common goals.
- You have analyzed more contracts than you can count, your sharp eye for detail and knowledge of contract intricacies enables you make sure that contracts and agreements are beneficial to MLC.
- Details and organization are embedded in your everyday work. You can be counted on make sure that everything is in order and the key details are brought to the attention of those who need to be involved.
- Accuracy is embedded in your work, completing forms and registration requirements gives you a sense of accomplishment.
- You are a sleuth, identifying violations of user agreements, trademarks and copyright. Maintaining relationships while ensuring compliance.
- Provide analysis, guidance, and recommendations to relationship owners while shepherding all agreements to a conclusion beneficial to MLC.
- Track all agreements through the lifecycle including drafts, modifications, executions, amendments and renewals. Maintain copies of all agreements as well as any required additional documentation.
- Create and maintain a master agreements database, by type, including key details.
- Put in place processes to identify priorities and gaps as well as to ensure timely review of all recurring contracts.
- Research and apply industry standard terms to the full range of MLC agreements.
- Draft routine documents and consult with legal counsel as needed.
- Find and respond to copyright, trademark, and user agreement violations including sending takedown letters and DMCA notices.
- Coordinate and respond to district requests, e.g., signed data privacy statements.
- Manage copyright submissions and Library of Congress submissions.
- Manage registration and compliance with various state and local agencies including revenue, labor, and commerce departments.
- Monitor changes to industry regulation or legal compliance to ensure all agreements reflect any necessary changes.
- Serve as primary contact for insurance agency and conduct regular reviews to ensure adequate coverage across all areas of exposure.
- Monitor changes to circumstances and recommend adjustments in policies or coverage levels as needed.
- Expertise in interpreting contract language
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Thorough and detail oriented; exceptional proof-reading skills
- Strong organizational skills; comfortable multi-tasking and working with deadlines
- Customer service orientated; ability to maintain internal and external client satisfaction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree and at least three years of related business experience
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing background check and drug screen. Reimbursement of relocation costs is not available for this position.
Learn more about The Math Learning Center at https://www.mathlearningcenter.org/about
The Math Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The Math Learning Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.