Curriculum Consultant - Eastern United States
Are you a math educator with extensive experience teaching Bridges to Mathematics? Are you passionate about the constructivist approach to learning? Are you ready to impact more students and classrooms by facilitating the implementation and support of MLC math offerings? If so, this might be the right opportunity for you.
Curriculum Consultants work directly with schools and districts to design and implement professional learning plans that provide implementation and ongoing support while cultivating local skills and support capacity. You will build relationships that contribute to successful implementation as well as organizational learning.
- As a subject matter expert, consult with local educators beginning with the discovery process and continuing throughout implementation. Deliver direct services as appropriate including both onsite and remote support.
- Deliver presentations and answer questions to ensure potential customers have a clear understanding of MLC offerings.
- Serve as a professional learning resource for MLC staff including content development and educator resources teams, customer service representatives, and communications staff. Gather and communicate observations and feedback from the field.
- Present and/or represent MLC products and services at conferences and other gatherings as needed.
- Recruit and cultivate local Bridges leaders.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree in education.
- Direct teaching experience with Bridges in Mathematics 2nd edition K-5.
- Experience implementing new math curricula at both the classroom and district levels.
- Philosophy of education consistent with approach advocated by MLC including knowledge of constructivist principles.
- Skills: Collaboration, communication, organization, facilitation of adult learning, presentation.
This position requires approximately 50% travel.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing background check and drug screen. Reimbursement of relocation costs is not available for this position.
The Math Learning Center is an equal opportunity employer. We provide fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The Math Learning Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.